Almost everyone has one, but very few people know what to do with it. Your website. It is one of the first things we purchase and create when we start our business, but one of marketing tools we put the least effort in.
There are many purposes for a website, from branding your business to selling your product. Ultimately, one the primary things your website should do for your business is generate leads.
Below are 10 ways you can make your website work for you:
- Your Contact Info: Your contact information should be throughout your website. Make it easy for people to contact you, either via email or phone.
- Create a landing page: A landing page gives your visitors somewhere to “land” when they have an interest regarding something on your website. It may be a white paper, an event, anything that will lead them to a lead generation form. This will also help you get an idea about what is effective on your website or selling well in your company.
- Nurture your leads: Place leads into a workflow once they fill out a form on your landing page so they don’t forget about you, and deliver them valuable content that matches their interests.
- Talk to Your Audience: Videos are a great way to tell your clients what is going on with your product or services. It helps establish credibility and promotes your brand promise. Videos are extremely effective, they attract 300% more traffic and nurtures leads.
- Add testimonials: Testimonials add a reference for people to see and establishes credibility.
- Make sure you have a call to action: What do you want a visitor to your website to do? Call you? Email you? Schedule a meeting? Order your book? Register for a conference? Whatever you want to ultimately happen when someone visits your website, you must create a path for them to do that.
- Be careful on the homepage: Some websites put all the weight on the homepage. Make your homepage simple, yet still communicates your brand. Give people a reason to use your navigation and discover your website.
- Don’t forget to blog: Blogging is effective for generating leads. It is content that establishes trust, and it also helps increase organic searches if you incorporate the right language. You should also create call to actions for your various blog posts.
- Watch your words: Be sure to use words and phrases that you know your audience is searching for on the internet. This will increase the likelihood that you will be discovered during a web search.
- Quizzes and Assessments: This is a great way to generate leads and obtain new email addresses for your mailing list.
If you need assistance with strategies on how to generate leads, please schedule a complimentary 15 minute consultation with me.